FULL-TIME JOB POSTING FOR ACADEMIC POSITIONS Al Yamamah University (YU) located in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia, seeks to meet the demands of Saudi Arabia’s emerging economy by offering innovative, state-of-the-art academic programs of the highest quality. The University is committed to helping students acquire both a deep understanding of modern business performance and the skills needed to compete in the today’s business world.
Al Yamamah University invites qualified men and women to apply for full time faculty positions at the rank of lecturer, assistant professor, associate professor, full professor and departmental chair positions in the following academic areas. Those qualified applicants who are on sabbatical leave or retired as professors also are encouraged to apply.
College of Business Administration (COBA)
Accounting (ACC) (Immediate openings for PhD qualified women candidates)
Quality Management (MGT)
Insurance (INS) (Immediate openings for experienced Master’s qualified women candidates)
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Management Information System (MIS) (Immediate openings for PhD qualified women candidates)
College of Computer & Information Sciences (CCIS)
Computer Networking and Security (CNS)
Graphics and Multimedia Applications (GMA)
Programming and Database Applications (PDA)
1. Lecturer: Master’s degree from an accredited Westerninstitution and preferably two-to-three years of teaching experience. The Instructor positions are open only in the areas of Quality Management (MGT) and Insurance (INS)
2. Assistant Professor: PhD from an accredited Western university, preferably with two years of teaching experience with publications in international journals. Candidates with fresh PhDs and those with less than two-to-three years of teaching may be considered if they show research and publication potential. The Assistant Professor positions are open in ALL areas.
3. Associate Professor: PhD from an accredited Western university, with five years of relevant experience and with an established record in research and publication in refereed journals. Only those who have been awarded the rank of Associate Professor by a licensed/accredited peer institution will be considered. The Associate Professor positions are open in ALL areas.
4. Professor: PhD from an accredited Western university, with 10+ years of relevant teaching, research and professional experience, a well-documented and extensive publication record and good teaching skills. Only those who have been awarded the rank of Professor by a licensed/accredited peer institution will be considered. The Professor positions are open in ALL areas.
5. Department Chair: Associate or full Professors with at least two-to-three years of academic leadership or equivalent will be considered.
YU does not accept any online degrees. The language of instruction at YU is English.
In addition to the primary teaching responsibilities for the departments academic courses, the responsibilities of the above positions include academic advising, professional development programs, departmental meetings, serving on university committees, and carrying out other assigned duties.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
YU offers competitive salaries consistent with the universitys commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individuals. Benefits includes: competitive salary based upon qualifications; free furnished accommodation; medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom; yearly round-trip tickets for the family during summer vacation; transportation allowances; annual leave for 45 days during summer, two semester breaks for one-week each and two short vacations (ten days each) during Eid; education allowance for dependent children residing in the kingdom; end-of-service gratuity and air tickets for up to four persons to Riyadh on appointment & upon final departure from KSA to country of origin.
Al Yamamah University welcomes applications from practitioners for part-time teaching in the before mentioned fields with special needs in Insurance and Quality Management for both male and female sides.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents (Email is preferred):
1. Letter of application
2. Resume with employment references (including mailing address, telephone and electronic contactdetails);
3. A list of courses the candidate feels qualified to teach. Please, check the course listings on the YU web site.
Send the requested material to:
Faculty Selection Committee
Al Yamamah University
P.O. Box 45180
Riyadh, 11512 Saudi Arabia
E-mails: DeanCOBA@yu.edu.sa , DeanCCIS@yu.edu.sa
Fax#: +966-1-224 1111
Please review the YU website and indicate in your application which courses from the curricula you arequalified to teach.
Reviews begin immediately and applications will continue to be accepted until thepositions are filled. Only the short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
YU is an equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified persons. For further information on theUniversity, please visit our web site at http://www.yu.edu.sa